Spiced Pineapple Bake



Every Easter my mother-in-law bakes this delicious pineapple bake as one of her side dishes for the family holiday meal -- "Hi Mom!". This recipe is one of my favorite food discoveries from my in-laws.  It's easy enough to incorporate into our meal plan rotation and different enough that people are impressed when served on a special occasion, well at least my family is impressed. I don't know if this is my mother-in-laws exact recipe, but this is the one I use and it's pretty darn close if it isn't.

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 eggs
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
5 slices white bread, torn
20 oz can of cubed or crushed pineapple with juice

Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees 
  • Grease a an 8 x 8 casserole dish or 2 quart baking dish.
  • Cream butter together with the white and brown sugar. 
  • Beat in eggs one at a time. 
  • Add cinnamon and nutmeg to butter-sugar mixture.. 
  • Stir bread and crushed pineapple into the mixture. 
  • Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish.
  • Bake 60 minutes or until bubbling and golden brown

Servings
Serves 6 to 8 as a side dish

A Broken Oven Tip
I've experimented and this recipe is yummy made with peaches too.  Served warm with vanilla ice cream even better. Check out that recipe right here!

No comments:

Post a Comment