Honeyed Pear Georgini


Here is me attempting humor again. I do not own a panini maker so I make them on my George Foreman Grill and call my hot sandwiches Georginis. I was inspired to make this sandwich when one of my sorority sisters posted on her Facebook page she was making a pear and something or other Panini -- "Hi Patti!". Since I had some goat cheese left over from another recipe and had some pears laying around, I decided to experiment a bit. While other experiments have failed miserably, this one was a total success and perfect for a friendly lunch.

Ingredients
1 ripe pear sliced
1/2 inch thick slice of goat cheese 3 inches in diameter.
Ciabatta bread approximately 5 inches square sliced horizontally and cut in half
2 Tablespoon of honey or more to taste
1 Tablespoon of salted butter

Directions
  • Butter all sides of the Ciabatta bread.
  • Spread cheese on one side of bread and top with pears.
  • Drizzle pears with honey and top with the other slice of bread.
  • Place on George Foreman, Panini maker or grill pan and cook until golden brown, cheese melted and pears warm.

Servings
1 Sandwich

A Broken Oven Tip
Add a few slices of prosciutto or turkey for a heartier sammy. Some roasted asparagus would add some nice flavor too. Not a fan of goat cheese? Substitute it with Brie or Swiss.

1 comment:

  1. This recipe is so up my alley. And I get a shout out too? Nice.

    I think the pear panini I was talking about either had blue cheese or goat cheese on it. Did you see my Facebook post from a few days ago when I said I love goat cheese so much that I want to marry it? :-)

    - Patti

    ReplyDelete