Quick & Easy Pumpkin Muffins



As I've mentioned before, I cook whatever I think will taste good or my family and friends will enjoy. I don't abide by any organic, gluten free, paleo, clean eating, or everything must be made from scratch kind of rules. I'm not a food snob either. I can find as much joy eating a hot dog from a vending cart, as I can an exquisitely prepared meal at a Michelin Star winning restaurant.

I'm a believer that as long as you don't have food allergies or health issues which require you to limit your diet, all food in moderation is fine -- yes, even McDonald's and cheese from a can.

With all that being said, I will now introduce this recipe for THREE ingredient pumpkin muffins. It's just canned pumpkin, white cake mix and pumpkin spice -- that's it! No oil, dragging out the sugar, softening the butter or making a huge mess. Some people may turn there nose up at the cake mix because it's not completely from scratch, but I don't care I love this recipe.  Not only because it's quick and easy, but because the muffins kind of taste like pumpkin cupcakes! We left them plain, but you could also add chocolate chips or top them with canned cream cheese frosting.

Ingredients
1 box of white cake mix (yellow works too)
15 oz. can of pumpkin puree
1 Tablespoon of pumpkin spice

Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Spray 12 count, regular size muffin tin with cooking spray or use muffin liners.
  • Mix together pumpkin, cake mix and pumpkin spice and stir until completely combined.
  • Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter into each cup.
  • Put in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 15 - 17 minutes.
  • Remove from oven let cool and store.

Servings
20 muffins

A Broken Oven Tip
If you would like to make pumpkins muffins from scratch there is a pumpkin muffin recipe on this blog that is a little more involved. I've made both and each one is delicious in their own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment